Quorum reached and meeting called to order at 10:10 ET.
- Mike (not present 12:00 – 1:00 11/28, 10:00 – 11:30 11/29)
- Deb (not present 10:00 – 11:30 11/29)
- Motion to approve minutes (Patrick)
- August 10th, 2017
- September 14th, 2017
- Treasurer’s report (Josh), see Appendix A
- Annual planning
- GM Job Description (most recent version)
- Annual Performance Review process for GM (see attached model from UMass)
- Annual plan (informs APR)
- Annual budget (informs annual plan)
- Contract with Phyllis Dobbs
- Mail forwarding to Patrick’s home address.
- Formalize role and compensation for staff related to spons
- Develop employee handbook (look to existing work, e.g. Eclipse Foundation)
- Director of Advocacy
- Populate a resource of OSI postions and case studies: 0.2
- Co-ordinate engsgment with standards setting orgs: 0.4
- Engage Affiliates to promte OSI within their mission: 0.2
- Patrick to implement strategic planning/reporting process aligned with annual goals and objectives.
- Engage more broadly and deeply with affiliates
- Develop “town-hall” type opporuntities, inviting affilaites and interested parties to discuss shared interests, common goals, initiatives.
- Foster OpenSource.net as a platform for identifying and engaging in shared interests / activities.
- Role for OSI in recognizing authenticity in practice / community
- see OPNsense request
- Develop forum for public discussion?
- Patrick to send a trigger to Board for determining action on vrious requests.
- Current practices and approches to collaboration with current affiliates and potencial partners.
Simon to develop “OSD License Review” FAQ
Recommend approval of W3C Software and Document License (2015)
- Update to OSI-approved W3C
- See comment by Carlo Piana
- Discussion and response to concerns from FSF regarding “clause 8”.
- Richard to provide Board with resolution regarding the status of the licence and our inability to approve (ambiiguity).
- Continue (current and future) migrations to remote services with 3rd party contracted support.
- Xwiki $3000/year
- Mailman: $600/year
- OpenSource.Net: 10% of new sponsorships
- opensource.org (move to Digital Ocean)
- email (G Suite, other)?
- Mike to coordinate Standards Seetin working group.
- Planning Timeline
The next OSI board meeting is scheduled for… Meeting adjourned at…
Motion (Simon): Approve Open Source and Standards Working Group Software
Vote: 10 Yes; 0 No; 0 Abstain; 1 Not Present
Motion (Richard): Approve W3C Software and Document License (2015)
Vote: 10 Yes; 0 No; 0 Abstain; 1 Not Present
Motion (Paul): OSI permanent infrastructure shall be provided under the terms of a thrid-party Service Level Agreement (SLA) ensuring dedicated, reliable and responsive service.
Discussion: The goal is to ensure a “single throat to choke”, continuty of service independant of changes in the Board, and without the possiblity of a conflict of interest.
Vote: 10 Yes; 0 No; 0 Abstain, 1 Not Present.
Motion (Richard): Adopt the following resolution: Resolved, That, in view of the length, complexity, and ambiguities in the submitted drafts of the NASA Open Source Agreement version 2.0, it is the opinion of the OSI that the conformance of NOSA 2.0 to the OSD cannot be assured. OSI thus can neither approve nor reject the license, and NASA is invited to submit a new draft of NOSA for consideration by the OSI.
Vote: 11 Yes; 0 No; 0 Abstain.
Treasurer’s Report For the Month Ending October, 2017
Total Assets at Beginning of Period: $63,026.73
Income or Sources of Funds:
- Contributions: $ 43,534.24
- Memberships: $ 1,000.00 (25@ $40)
- Commissions $ 11.52
- Interest: $ 1.29+
Total Income or Sources of Funds: $ 44,547.05
Expenses or Uses of Funds for Operations:
- Payroll $ 9,014.18
- Sponsorship Commission $ 6,180.00
- Professional $ 1,225.00
- Meetings $ 5,264.47
- Conferences/Conv $ 543.81
- Working Groups $ 0
- Postage, Shipping $ 27.20
- Software $ 330.60
- Bank Fees $ 174.49
- Paypal $ 493.97
Total Expenses or Uses of Funds for Operations: $ 23.253.72
Total Assets at End of Period $ 84,320.06
Major Contributions in the last 12 months: Invoiced not received in bold, italics, not invoiced.
- Existing Sponsor $ 5000 invoiced 11/09/16 paid 11/14/16
- Existing Sponsor $ 4000 invoiced 11/08/16 paid 12/06/16
- Existing Sponsor $ 1000 Unsolicited contribution received 11/29/16
- Existing Sponsor $1000 Unsolicited received 12/25/16
- Existing Sponsor $ 5000 invoiced 12/28/16 received 1/19/16
- Existing Sponsor $ 25000 unsolicited recd 3/9/17
- Existing Sponsor $ 20000 Invoice 4/03/17 received 4/27/17
- Existing Sponsor $ 15000 Invoiced 4/17/17 received 6/5/17
- New Sponsor $ 1000 Invoiced 6/12/17
- New Sponsor $ 1000 invoiced 6/12/17 received 7/3/17
- New Sponsor $ 1000 invoiced 6/26/17 received 6/26/17
- Existing Sponsor $ 20000 invoiced 06/26/17 Received 6/29/17
- New Sponsor $ 1000 invoiced 7/31/17 received 9/7/17
- New Sponsor $ 1000 Invoiced 7/31/17 received 9/7/17
- New ponsor $ 7500 invoiced 8/11/17 received 9/5/17
- New Sponsor $ 2500 invoiced 8/11/17 received 11/1/17
- New Sponsor $ 15000 Invoiced 9/11/17 received 10/2/17
- New Sponsor $ 7500 Invoiced 9/14/17 received 9/28/17
- New Sponsor $ 7500 Invoiced 9/14/17 received 10/14/17
- Existing Sponsor $ 20000 invoiced 10/2/17 (received 11/11/17-after report filed)
- New Sponsor $ 20000 invoiced 10/6/17 received 10/17/17 including fee
2018 Projected Income
Beginning Balance (2017):
Gross Donations – Cash
- Total Donations 216,500.00
- Membership 5,000.00
- Commissions 50.00
- Sales of Collateral 0.00
- Interest Earned 50.00
Total Other Income 5,100.00
- Payroll Expenses 108,000.00
- Sponsorship Commission 10,825.00
- Professional Fees 15,000.00
- Meetings 25,000.00
- 20th Anniversary 19,500.00
- Conferences/Conventions 10,000.00
- Working Groups, Projects 1,000.00
- Other Expenses 7,000.00
- Paypal Fee 1,000.00